10% Dextrose Intravenous Infusion B.P.
- 10% hypertonic glucose solution for infusion
Osmolarity: 555 mOsm/l
Each 100 ml. contains:
|Dextrose Anhydrous B.P||10.0 gm|
|Water for Injections||100 ml|
- Single dose container for intravenous administration.
- Clear colorless Solution.
Dosage and Administration;
- The dose is administered in accordance with the age, weight and clinical condition of the patient.
- OR as prescribed by the physician.
- Low blood sugar.
- When the water loss without electrolyte loss occurs as in fever, hyperthyroidism, high blood calcium, or diabetes insipidus.
- For treatment of high blood potassium, diabetic ketoacidosis, and as part of parenteral nutrition.
- Intracranial or intra-spinal hemorrhage,
- Delirium tremens,
- Severe dehydration
- Not to be used if container is leaking or the solution is cloudy.
- Protect from sunlight.
- Do not store above 30 C.
Packaging form: I.V Infusion bottle with simple cap.
- Available as Flow-Dex 10% 1000 ML and 500 ML in both Simple-cap and Euro-cap