Lactated Ringers and 5% Dextrose Intravenous infusion U.S.P.
- Isotonic crystalloid solution.
- A Carbohydrate source solution.
Osmolarity: 524 mOsm/l
Each 100 ml. contains:
|Sodium Chloride||0.6 gm|
|Sodium Lactate||0.31 gm|
|Potassium Chloride||0.03 gm|
|Calcium Chloride-2 H2O||0.02 gm|
|Dextrose Monohydrate||5.0 g|
|Water for Injection
qs to (USP specs)
- Single dose container for intravenous administration.
- Clear colorless Solution.
Dosage and Administration
- The dose is administered in accordance with the age, weight and clinical condition of the patient.
- As prescribed by the physician.
- Rehydration therapy in states such as those induced by severe diarrhea and vomiting.
- Environmental emergencies such as severe perspiration leading to dehydration and heat illness.
- Prevention and replenishment of extracellular fluid before, during and after surgery.
- First-line fluid resuscitation for burn and trauma patients.
- Used to treat acute blood loss or hypovolemia due to third-space fluid shift; GI loss and fistula drainage; electrolyte loss; and metabolic acidosis.
- Contraindicated in patients who cannot metabolize lactate, (i.e. liver disease) or experiencing lactic acidosis.
- Do not administer if pH > 7.5. (Normal liver will convert LR to bicarbonate, worsening alkalosis).
- Not to be used if container is leaking or the solution is cloudy.
- Protect from sunlight.
- Do not store above 30 C.
Packaging form: I.V Infusion bottle.
- Available as Flow lactate-D 500 ml in both Simple-cap and Euro-cap